Monday, January 24, 2005

$100 ST

played $100 st. 2 interesting hands. One I pick
up aces, blinds are 10-20, I raise to $50.
I like to try and double up with aces on a single
table tourney, and this table was so tight, if
I rasie any more Id scare ppl away. Which is dangerous
for the guy with As, after all some guy can limp
in catch 2 pair, and it could be all over.

Now 5 ppl saw the flop including the 2 blinds.
Which came A-Q-J (2 spades). This was going to
be interesting. Blinds checked to me, I bet
50, a couple of ppl folded and then the big
blind re-raised me to $200. Ok If hes got K-J,
hes got me beat, but anything else, im ahead
with my top set. In fact this bet didnt make
much sense to me. Was it that he sensed
weakness or was he betting a draw or was he
protecting a real hand like a straight. I
thought may be 2 pair, and he didnt want me to
catch a cheap flush. The turn came a small spade.
If my initial read was right he would check his
2 pair , coz a scare card came out. And I could
well be on a flush draw. But thne he went all
in for $800. I had $1200, and I had a feeling
I was beat. It seemed like he was protecting
his hand, I mean he was commiting all his chips.

What could he have ? Had he slow played his straight,
and got desperate, did he have a flush? If he had
a flush why did he not check it? Or was he trying
a steal with his two pair, it seemed like his
hand was vulnerable, and on that basis, i called.
He flipped over a small flush, damn, I luckily
had the board pair on the river making a full house.
Inaccurate read, but good outcome.

Down to 3, I raise to 1500 out of my 4500 stack, with
pocket 10s. Blinds are 400-800. Get called in the
big blind, knowing hes prolly called with a 20 hand,
like two picture cards. Coz thats his style. Then
the flop comes 9-4-2, and he goes all in , fk ? Did
i get my read wrong, no, im sure i was right. I called,
sure enough he had q-j, and then on the river, bang
a queen, and i get knocked out. Damn a good read
and i get busted, a dodogy read and i survive , oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home