Thursday, December 16, 2004

poker

havent played poker in a while (72 hours +) so decided
to play a bit late last night. Sat in a $30 tourney,
then saw $100 tourney open up as well, so sat in both.
Played tight, was coming 5th in $100 tourney, when
i didnt raise with some good hands, and prolly cost
me, as my stack dwindled with blinds increasing. Tried
to raise with A-3, someone came over the top and i
had to fold, from then on it was a struggle, ended 5th.
Got some luck in the $30 tourney, got to 3rd position,
when i lost with A-K suited to pocket 2s.
At this point i was down $70 or so for the night,
and thought lets check out the live game. One $2-$4 NL
game going, with biggish pots. Anyway i sat down
and some guy was betting pretty hard and was doing well.
Ok target him ! Picked up A-Q, flop comes A-Q-8. I
bet small, he raises to $10, some other guy calls.
Turn comes a blank, I bet $8, he raises to $20. Hmmm
interesting, who knows what hes got hopefully not trips.
Last card comes and Ace, so sweet, A-Q-8-5-A i have
the nuts!!! I check, he bets $40, i re-raise all in
he calls. He has Q-8, I pick up a $400 pot. He
re cashes in for $200. Shortly after in the big blind
I get 10-5. Flop comes 10-10-5. About 5 callers. I
check, last position guy bets $2, everyone calls. Then
turn comes a 9, Crazy guy bets $10, I call. River
comes a 3 or something. I bet $50, he comes over the top
of me all in, only 10-9 can beat me. I call. He has
like Q-6 or some crap. I take another $200 off him !
So im sitting at $650, and this guy has given me $400
in about 15mins. Play a few more hands, dont get
anything. but a good end to the night :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home