Monday, December 06, 2004

poker

played a couple a hands b4 netball. Second hand, pick
up jacks in the small blind. Person in late position
raises to $6. I obviously call, I could raise, but
then why represent a stronger hand then i need to,
plus he could have a higher pocket pair. Now
the flop comes 3-6d-Jd. I couldnt have hit the flop
better. Now im not sure whether i should check, or
bet here, after all if i check, and he checks, then
ill miss an opportunity to get some money in the pot,
and i wont have any info on his hand. So i bet $4,
small bet. He raises to $10, I call. At this point i
think that he has an over pair and hes put me on a
flush draw. So im hoping that the flush doesnt come,
and he keeps betting his over pair. Now the turn
comes another small diamond. Grayte, I figure oh well Ill
bet it here, and I guess ill represent a flush. I
might pick up the pot here, but oh well, otherwise
it looks like a trap too much. I bet $10,
after a while he calls. Now the turn comes a 3, ive made
Js over 3s, 2nd best hand. Im hoping hes got something
decent to call me. So i bet $25 hoping he calls. At
this point he raises to $50, i cant work out what
this bet means? Does he have a full house as well or
may be a flush or he puts me on nothing and is raising me?
I re-raise up to $75, i guess I could have raised more
but i really didt know what he was holding. He calls,
I win a $200 pot. He said he had A-K of diamonds, of course!
He re-raised the flush draw, slow played the turn, and
then got caught out at the end when the board paired.
If i knew he had that hand, I coulda re-raised more on
the river. Oh well, even if you have the best hand,
a good read can win you more money. Picked up aces
twice in four hands later, but couldnt do anything
with them, oh well. Won a $120, and got to my goal
of 4 figs , weeee !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home