Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Hmmm

So i saw this comment , in regard to free lessons,
which was most likely sarcastic. Anyway its one
thing to not want to improve, but I dont know
about about giving the author shit. Im not saying
im really good, but i see ppl make mistakes
which i have made as well, and was offering to
help. Afterall mistakes cost money. Why not
share my bad plays, which will save you money,
after all i lost all mondays winnings back.

Anyway i dont think im posting here anymore, u
can all learn the hard way.

here are my last few hands...

Example - I raise $3 with A-Q (os,Q=diamond)
4 callers, im in late position.
Flop comes A 7 4 all diamonds. I have
top pair, and 2nd high flush. Everyone checks
to me, I bet $5. One caller. Now i think may
be has the king of diamonds. Turn comes blank,
I bet $6, he calls again. After all I may
as well pay for the draw if he is drawing.
Last card comes 2 diamond, he bets $25. Grayte,
I have made the 2nd highest flush. I decide
to call, may be he was slow playing a smaller
flush. Anyway he had k-6 diamonds, and was
slow playing the nut flush the whole time.
I guess if i put him on the lone k of diamonds,
the bets on the flop and turn were right,
but perhaps not on the call. I think the
bets were ok, but not the size. Smaller bets
in this example would have got the right info.

During an aggressive streak, I again raise to $4,
this time with pocket 4s, i get re-raised up
to $8. 2 handed. Flop comes K-10-6. He bets
$5 ive put him on a high pocket pair. Only one
way to find out how high. I raise to $10, if he has
qs or js it would be hard to call this bet. If he
has As or Ks he might re-reraise or call. Next
card comes K he bets another $5, i re-raise again,
this time he "reluctantly" seems to call. This
points to him having aces, coz if an ace comes on
the river he would the nut full house. Last card comes
a 10. He checks, the board reads K-10-6-K-10. I
have nothing, i cant even beat the board, I bet
$33, he has to fold knowing a k or 10 would give a
full house, and his aces are no good. So thats
how u can use the board to your advantage, when
he has a big hand. Its hard to get someone to
release a big hand early, so wait until the end,
when there are enough scare cards.

Classic error - I call pre-flop with A-x suited.
5 handed, flop comes 10-10-10. Alarm bells should
be ringing at this point. Anyone with a pocket
pair has a full house, u have to match the board
to make a full house of your own. 5 handed, often
someone has one of the high cards. Everyone checks,
and then an A comes on the turn. Ok ive made
the best full house. Some guy bets, and i call.
Then a 6 comes on the river, and he moves all in.
Now i should have stopped and thought, but i didnt.
I put him on A , I have an A, we both have the
nut full house, seems to make sense to call. The bet
on the river was 9x bigger than the turn bet.
If he only has an A, why would he make such a bet,
to steal the pot or he actually has a 10 (possibly A-A).
Coz if he only has an A, and i smooth call the turn,
I could have the 10, and his bet would be very risky.
So at this point the correct play was to fold my A, and
give him the pot, I called, he flipped over a 10, and
I lost with the 2nd best hand.

Slow playing yourself into trouble. I call with A-Q.
Flop comes A 9 5 rainbow. There are a lot of callers,
and im playing a bit scared at this point. I decide
Ill check the flop, if no one bets, I know i have
the best hand. Im kinda scared of trips. Next card
comes an 8, and some guy bets, im 95% sure im ahead
of him, and I call. The river comes an 8 and he bets
pretty hard. If i thought i had the best hand on the
turn, id still have the best hand on the river.
I call, he has Q-8, catches running 8s to beat me.
First of all, it was a slight mistake not to bet
the flop, and weed out all those other hands. But it
was clever because I induced the weaker hand to
bet, which was the plan. The big mistake was not
raising on the turn, when i had the better hand.
He would have most likely had to fold, and I woulda
won right there. Tho perhaps I was unlucky, coz
i had his hand dominated, and if a Q came on the river,
i woulda had him. Also i put him on 2nd pair, and
not the 8. But sometimes it "pays" not to be too
tricky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home