Saturday, December 04, 2004

Friday poker

Played a few hands b4 dinner. I tried to make
some re-raises with marginal hands, and ended
up getting caught out. Representing trips
and running into trips myself. One interesting
hand, I had K-3 suited late position.

Flop comes A-3-3. 2 people check. I also check.
Turn comes another club, i have 4 clubs and
trips. So everyone checks and i bet $4.
Early position guy who was in the blind raises
to $15, i decide to call thinking surely my
trips are good. This guy has been loose
and aggressive. I call. River comes a blank,
and he best $35. I decide to call, figuiring
i ve got a good kicker with my 3. He flips
over A-3, grayte. I dont know how i could have
gotten away from that hand, oh well.

Made some good raises with small suited connectors,
and won some pots hitting str8ts against high
pairs. Raising $8 with 2-4 suited. But
ended down a $100 courtesy of some aggressive
play back firing. Oh well, one important tip
is to pick who u bluff against. I wasnt running
well against this guy, and i tried to bet into him
when i knew he was strong. I think i got frustrated
with him earlier, which was bad play. Target ppl
who dont call after betting on the river
and get re-raised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home