Sunday, December 12, 2004

weekend poker

friday night, decided to sit in a $100 tourney, single
table. Usually these tables take forever to fill up online.
Anyway, I played tight, and was often the lowest chip
stack, but came back to get in the final 3, and eventually
finish 2nd. With blinds at 500-1000, i rasied to $2000 with
K-J , the other guy went all in , I called, and he showed
ace 7. So almost even money. I lose the race, and basically
had nothing and lost next hand, but one thing Ive learnt is
that if you got a chance to take down your opponent after
committing that many chips, u gotta call, even if u think
hes got slightly better hand. After all if i give up $2000
there, then hes got 2-1 chip lead on me, and with such
high blinds, I might not get another playable hand. If
u get an opporunity take it down !

Saturday night played in a live game at talandoon.
Lets just leave it at that...

Sunday poker tournament - fked it, got screwed over
by a girl twice in two days, karma. Both times folded
the best hand, despite really being chip committed,
anger coursing through my veins. At least in the
tourney i got outplayed fair and square.

Anyway johnny chan says you need learn from ur losses. I
learnt i needed to play my hands more aggressively,
when i feel i have the best of it. Better to be the
agressor than the caller, best to make a move
by the turn.

Got crapppest cards ever in the 2nd tourney.

Chad got unlucky/may be coulda pushed harder in the
first tourney, and barts hung around, and didnt get
lucky at the right time + ran into a card drought.

Did learn how to play some power poker from Monty
whilst watching him play.

Then i played in a $50 tourney when i got home, I made
a stupid misread, when someone check raised me,
and gave up half my stack. when doing well, and then came
4th. When i prolly coulda limped into 3rd.

Concluded a weekend of stupid/crappy/ghey poker, but
with many valuable lessons learnt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home